Sticky Sesame Califlower
- 1 Cauliflower crown, large
- 2 Scallions
- 1 1/4 cups rice milk
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch or flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup IGC's Cucumber Melon Balsamic
- 2 tsp IGC's Wok Oil
- 1/4 cup IGC's Wok Oil
- Preheat oven to 450°. Use about 1 tablespoon of IGC's Wok Oil to coat the bottom of a large roasting pan or oven-safe skillet.
- Stir milk, flour, salt and baking powder together in small bowl. Dip cauliflower florets in mixture to coat, shaking off any excess batter. Arrange in a single layer in roasting pan or skillet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower bakes, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, balsamic, and oil in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cornstarch (or your choice of thickening agent) until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and flip. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more, until they begin to sizzle and lightly crisp.
- Remove from oven and pour sauce over florets. Return to oven and bake 3-4 minutes more, just until sauce becomes very sticky and coasts florets.
- In a separate pan saute sesame seeds and scallions until sesame seeds become a light brown.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
Extra: For my recipe there was enough of the flour and sauce mixture left over that I mixed in with a 32 oz. bag of cauliflower rice I picked up from Costco. I tossed in a 12 oz. bag of broccoli and 2 cups of corn. Let cook in the over for about 10 more minutes, and there is lunch!
Get the original recipe here: http://www.connoisseurusveg.com/sticky-sesame-cauliflower